Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fractions

I have a confession to make. I always know how many weeks I have been here, how many I have left, and what fraction of my time I have completed in Peru. Today, Saturday, marks 19 weeks here. I have 7 left. This week I will reach 3/4 of my time here. I don't particularly hate it here or anything thing like that. Often I really like it, but I'm still looking forward to coming home. I'm looking forward to seeing my beautiful fiance Pamela again. I'm looking forward to being with my family and friends at home and all the familiarity of it, then to getting back to Wheaton and seeing other friends and talking with them and laughing. Hopefully though, I just like fractions more than most people.

Also, there's some pretty big news in Peru right now. Apparently an oil company has been bribing members of the president's cabinet, and they are all now being forced to resign by the righteous corruption fighting president Alan Garcia. I guess it's kind of a familiar sounding story. I'll try to post again soon with something more substantive but I have some papers to write first.

-Michael

1 comment:

Pamela Joy said...

I do them kind of a lot. I think it's because I like you more than because I like fractions... but I don't know... I do enjoy a good round fraction.