Wednesday, October 29, 2008

An Incident

On Sunday, I woke up at 3:30 to go with a group of Swedish women, my boss, and the two other interns in my house to a tourist place called Tingana. It́s a river forest reserve and you have to get there really early to see the monkeys. Anyways, we took a van on a dirt road for 50 minutes or so to get there. On the way 3 men with guns tried to stop us and rob us. I only saw 2 of the men pointing their guns at us as we passed. Apparently there was another one in the front who tried to stop us and fire his pistol in the air to scare us, but it didn´t fire so our driver hit the gas. So, we escaped and were told later that the police caught them. I didńt know wéd be on a remote dirt road going there and that it would be dangerous, which it apparently is. It happened so fast but I was pretty shaken and worried for the rest of the drive.
I´m fine, but think that people reading this might want to know about that.
-Michael

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad you didn't get shot dead. It would have ruined the wedding plans.