Monday, June 2, 2008

Arrival in Moyobamba

I landed in Lima on Saturday night and stayed there until my flight this afternoon to Moyobamba. I did not articulate my expectations of my arrival at Lima well enough beforehand, but I know that things were very different than I had expected. There's really a lot to say already, but I think I'll save my thoughts and try to do topical posts later on after I've given things more thought and learned more.
I am at home now in Moyobamba and so far it's much better than I imagined. I need to get to bed so I'll describe it more later and I'll have some pictures. I think I will really like it here.
-Michael

4 comments:

Wilgus said...

Hey Kolbas! I'll be monitoring every update you make. Hope things are good for you. Take care.

MClauson said...

Good Michael I am glad you are having fun and enjoying your time already. I will definitely keep watching for more posts from you.

Teresa said...

It is an answer to my prayers to read both yours and Pamela's blogs and know that you both are asafe and are having a good start to your HNGR program. I am so happy that you are enjoying your host family and I bet you will be riding a motorcycle by the time you get back. Nothing new to report here yet but will keep you in the loop when something happens. Take care-love-MOM

Anonymous said...

Michael,
1. it is great to keep up to date with your adventure and I will condinut doing so 2. also glad you arrived safe and are enjoying your host family. To expect to be perfect on your first day is soo you...with each passing day it will become easier and as to those folks who laughed...they would be having the same problem if they were here and the tables were turned. not to worry. Love ya and enjoy the pics. Dennis