Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Peruvian Hairless Dog

This coming Tuesday I'm flying to Lima. I'll be there until Friday, then I fly home Friday night to arrive next Saturday morning. This is the end. I never quite figured out how to use this blog, but that's ok I guess. I have a good story for this post at least. So, as most people know, Barack Obama promised to get his daughters a puppy. He also mentioned in a news conference that one of his daughters is allergic to most dogs. Well, here in Peru there's a breed of dog that doesn't have any hair. They've been bred for 3,000 years I think. So, the director of the Friends of the Peruvian Hairless Dog Association in Lima offered the Obama family a four month old Peruvian hairless dog named Machu Picchu. Here are some photos.



Apparently it has a warmer than average body temperature and can cure arthritis and asthma. There was a special about it on tv the other night. People are really hoping Obama accepts. It would certainly be hilarious.
-Michael

1 comment:

Pamela Joy said...

That last picture is the grossest.